Care Fund represents the philanthropic needs of Arizona families, our community and committed valued partners.
The Care Fund serves families of children with extended illness or injury and provides rent or mortgage payment support to qualified families.
The following Care Fund Giving Guidelines provide specific criteria to meet in order to receive available financial assistance.
Guidelines are subject to change and approval is subject to available funds.
- To be eligible, families with a child up to 18 years of age who are ill or injured with an extended illness must be certified by a medical care provider, social worker or hospital administrator. (see Forms – “Care Fund Housing Expense Assistance & Authorization”)
- The applying family must provide evidence of financial hardship.
- The parent or legal guardian must hold the mortgage of the home where the child resides, or be indicated as the primary leaseholder on the rental agreement/lease. All applications require the most recent mortgage statement or rental agreement/lease to be attached. Only the primary residence qualifies.
- Upon review of the application, the Care Fund will determine the length of time that rent or mortgage expenses will be covered on behalf of the applying family. The Care Fund may consider additional grants if a child with a chronic illness has a significant change in health status.
- Care Fund defines a housing expense payment as one of the following:
- One month’s rent, as indicated on an executed lease agreement, inclusive of any applicable sales taxes, if listed on the provided rental agreement/lease.
- One monthly mortgage payment, inclusive of principal, interest, taxes, insurance or mortgage insurance, if included on the provided monthly mortgage statement.
- First-time applicants receive priority if funds are limited.
- All applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, regardless of race, religion or gender.
- All application information is subject to verification. Any application found to have false information will be denied.
- The Care Fund Chairman of the Board, Co-Founder or Executive Director reserves the right to deviate from its established guidelines.
- Applicant MUST reside in the state of Arizona.